Yolonda L. Colson, MD, PhD
Office phone: 617-732-6648
Appointment phone: 877-332-4294
Preferred contact method: office phone
Request an appointment
View Researcher Profile
Women's lung cancer, Thoracic surgical oncology, Minimally invasive surgery, Immunologic diseases of the chest
Brigham and Women's Hospital
75 Francis Street
Boston, MA 02215
Dr. Colson is an attending cardiothoracic surgeon within the Division of Thoracic Surgery at Brigham and Women's Hospital, Director of the Womens Lung Cancer Program, and an Associate Professor in Surgery at Harvard Medical School.
Her academic training includes a BS in Biomedical Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, an MD from Mayo Medical School, and a PhD from University of Pittsburgh.
Dr. Colson's surgical residency was at University of Pittsburgh before training in cardiothoracic surgery at Brigham and Womens Hospital.
Cardiothoracic Surgery, 2002
Brigham and Women's Hospital, Cardiothoracic Surgery, 2001
University of Pittsburgh, Cellular Therapeutics - Research
University Health Center of Pittsburgh, General Surgery
Mayo Medical School, 1989
- Above and Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, US Dept. of Defense, 2009
- Edward M. Kennedy Award for Healthcare Innovation, Center for Integration of Medicine and Innovative Technology (CIMIT), 2008
- First Michelle Kessler Leadership Award in Womens Health, Brigham and Womens Hospital, 2006
- Maxwell Resident Career-Research Award, 1998-99
- Special Fellow, Leukemia Society of America, 1997-2000
- Research Fellowship, American College of Surgeons, 1994-1996